Speech disorder affects a person’s ability to form the sounds that allow them to communicate with other people. Although this is completely different from language disorder, some people still mistake speech and language disorder as the same thing. A language disorder affects a person’s ability to learn words or understand what others say to them.
So what are the causes of speech disorders? Listed below are a few of them:
- Vocal cord and brain damage
- Muscle and respiratory weakness
- Strokes and vocal cord paralysis
- Polyps or nodules on the vocal cords
The symptoms of a speech disorder include:
- Repeating and adding extra sounds
- Visible frustration when trying to communicate
- Elongating words and making jerky movements while talking
- Blinking several times while talking and making distorted sounds
- Taking frequent pauses when talking and speaking with a raspy voice
As a Home Health Care Agency, we offer speech therapy. If you wish to avail this type of therapy for your loved ones, then we can help you! We deliver exceptional speech therapy for all individuals with speech disorders.
We at Affordable Home Health Care Agency, a trusted provider of Home Health Care in Portland, Oregon, recognize that families need medical professionals and caregivers that can provide medical and non-medical home care services at a price that most people could afford. It’s a standard in our agency to require a skilled nurse or a licensed caregiver who can cater to patients based on their personal needs. We assure you that our caregivers and nurses are honest, dependable, fully trained, and reliable.